Getting back in the swing...
Written by Chris Gonzalez
I find that sometimes it can be a challenge to get back into the swing of relay at the beginning of the year. On the other hand, I have learned that if you don't you will find yourself playing catch up down the road. Make sure that you use this valuable time to plan you're event, gather leads on who can contribute to the cause, and ask questions about what is happening this year with the relay committee. There are already tons of people out there working on they're relay events so make sure you catch that head start. Here are some tips to help you get things together...
- Start you're Relay Notebook NOW! Include all you're goals for last year and what you want for this year.
- Contact all the people who you worked with on Relay from last year and start to see who is available.
- Check all the Relay online sources, there is always new information available that could help you.
- Start fundraising right away! Plan events like bake sales, garage sales, car washes sooner than later!
- Make sure you remember why we're all doing this... we need more birthday!