Team Captain Job Description
Written by Chris Gonzalez
A Relay For Life team captain supports the American Cancer Society by leading a team in their
community Relay For Life and raising a minimum of $100 per team member for Relay.
A Team Captain agrees to serve in the following capacities:
- Recruit a team of 10-15 members.
- Attend the American Cancer Society Relay For Life kickoff.
- Set a fundraising goal for your team. (The minimum fundraising expectation is $100 per team member)
- Recognize cancer survivors on your team and participate in the survivorship celebrations at the event.
- Distribute participant collection envelopes and other American Cancer Society fundraising tools to all team members.
- Coach and motivate your team to success using all available forms of communication to generate enthusiasm and participation for the event (i.e., email, phone calls, Facebook, newsletters).
- Coordinate creative fundraisers to help your team raise money.
- Attend American Cancer Society planned team captain meetings and all team captain meetings planned for your Relay.
- Recognize team members for their commitment to the fight against cancer